At Canterbury’s we strongly believe in planning and carrying out exciting and invigorating activities for the children based on their wants (what they enjoy doing) and their needs (next steps in order to develop). We use the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) as a guideline to what typically developing children should be doing at any given age.
We encourage the children to learn all kinds of basic skills around health and care routines from a young age, from washing their hands before lunch to wiping their faces when they’re dirty. We have a ‘Wellbeing Song’ which all of the children sing which encourages them to independently carry out self-care routines.
We have also embedded some fantastic environmental knowledge into nursery life at Canterbury’s. All of the children will get opportunity to learn about different environments around the world whether its babies explore the texture of ice whilst learning about the arctic or Antarctic or the pre-school children learning about the endangered animal of the rainforest.
Throughout the year we teach the children about all different environments around the world;
- September – November – The Woodland
- December – February – The Artic & Antarctic
- March – May – The Farm
- May – August – The Rainforest
Children-s Meal Times Throughout The Day
- Breakfast – before 9am – £1.20 – the children have a choice of cereals and toast to welcome them in the mornings
- Lunch – 11.30am – £3.80 – homemade nutritious food made by trained cooks. Pre-School children are offered a choice of what to put on their plate and an opportunity to serve themselves.
- Tea – 4.00pm – £2.50 – often a carbohydrate rich food such as sandwiches or bagels, in order to give the children some extra energy after their long day in the setting
- Snack – An optional snack is offered in the morning and afternoon. In order to promote balance, one snack is a choice of fruits, and the other is something different – for example, cheese or bread-sticks
Fuel your child's growth & development
Food & Nutrition
At Canterbury’s, we strive to provide the healthiest, most balanced diet for children of all ages – catering for each child’s individual needs and desires. The weekly menus are planned to provide a variety of different foods to help promote growth and health.
To treasure all those magical memories
To track your child’s progression and treasure those memories made at nursery we will continually update your child’s learning journey and give it you to keep when they move on to school.
We offer extremely reasonable prices for the high level of care we provide. Prices are from just £3.80 per hour for care. We have very flexible hours, to work to your needs. Full days are discounted to £44.30.
For more information call us on 01204 846279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org